How to tell if Deco AP mode is working?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-16 14:57:52

Bought new WiFi 6 (w3600) .  Initially set up as router but realized AP would be better since i have an existing router.  After rebooting and resetting, it gives me the original router WiFi choice and the new one.  The original is not as fast as the new one - shouldn't it be the same?  How do I know if AP is actually working ?  Or should I just rename it to match the original 

thanks 

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to tell if Deco AP mode is working?
2020-09-16 20:53:07

@afstv31 

The Deco in AP Mode can broadcast the same SSID as the host router but it would not be the same network.  It would instead be the Same SSID on a seperate AP.  This can and probably will cause network issues for clients as they will not be able to determine which AP to connect to.  If you are using the Deco in AP mode the best course of action is to disable the wireless on the host router. The Speed is dependent on a number of factors that include coverage stregnth, distance from node, and even the ethernet cable and ethernet ports used to connect the Deco to the Host router.  The easiest way to see if you are online is to connect to the Deco and see if you can get to a website if you are not use a computer and ping to the Gateway address to see if the Deco is communicating with the Host router if it is then the access issue lies in a setting on the host router.  Usually if you are mac binding or something like that. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 426

Replies: 1

Related Articles