AX50 won’t connect to the internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-23 11:09:18
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V16
Firmware Version:

I connected my router to my older Fios router.  I have a coaxial connection so I can not plug the archer into the wall directly.  The archer internet light is yellow despite multiple attempts.  

do I have the wrong product?   Do I need a coax enabled router?

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX50 won’t connect to the internet
2020-09-23 12:37:26
It sounds like your old router is a gateway (modem/router combo). You options are to replace it with another gateway, replace the old router/gateway with a pure modem and use the AX50, or set the old gateway up to pass control (bridge mode) to the AX50. The option I prefer is to have a separate modem and router. If you replace the gateway with either another gateway or a modem, check with your ISP and get one that they support otherwise most likely it will not work.
Options
Re:AX50 won’t connect to the internet
2020-09-23 18:17:18 - last edited 2020-09-23 18:17:27

@Pnc1 

You may need to talk to Verizon, but I think users may have a choice to switch their fiber connection from coax to the ONT box so you can utilize an Ethernet cable. If for whatever reason you can not, connect your AX50 to the modem/router.

I would reference this as a way to troubleshoot to get the internet working: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1556/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1274

Replies: 2