WiFi Interference (Archer C9)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-04 16:49:41
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Having an issue with my Archer C9, AC 1900 wireless Dual band gigabyte Router.  Purchased April 2016.  (The C9 model was not an option in the dropdown box) ??

My service provider Spectrum sades that the signals are OK but the modem logs show interference and the WiFi keeps changing signals which cause me not to connect my Roku sticks.  I also have a TP-Link Extender in my basement to help with coverage.  I've been using this configuration for over a year without issues, yesterday the problems started.

Also how do I check/update firmware? 

Any insight?

Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi Interference (Archer C9)
2020-10-04 19:11:01
Go to the TP Link web site and check the current level of firmware for your router. https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-c9/v4/ This is for the version 4 (V4). Your version level will be printed on the router. Since every thing was working and then you had issues I would suspect the ISP, modem, or your wiring. Try a different Ethernet cable between the modem and router. Another test is to bypass the router and connect a PC direct to the modem and see if all works fine. If not, it could be the modem, your wiring or connectors or the ISP. Check the modem logs. Did you change anything to do with Spectrum such as add, change, or remove a TV as that may be the cause?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 332

Replies: 1

Related Articles