Archer AX6000 intermittent Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-05 01:45:54

As of this morning, my AX6000, which had been working great is providing limited to no connectivity via wifi. When it does connect to the intenet, it quickly falls off again. Though the device stays connected to the wifi there's no internet. The internet is great when I'm hardwired to the modem (as well as when I'm hardwired to the router). The issue persists though on wifi. I've reset the router and the modem. I've followed all of the troubleshooting in the videos on the webpage, including advacnced internet setttings. Firmware is up to date. 

Has anyone else run into this issue and found a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 intermittent Wifi
2020-10-05 17:44:42
Does it happen on both bands? Try using specific channels and band width instead of auto as you may be getting interference. Are you using QoS, VPN, cloud service for backups, parental controls, home care, and such?
Options
2020-10-06 17:59:29
Yeah happening on both bands and not using VPN or parental controls (not sure what QoS is, so I think no on that as well). Had it clone the MAC address this morning and that is working (though now wifi extenders won't connect—not sure if that's related). Have a Comcast tech coming out tomorrow...
Options
2020-10-06 19:07:04
If you are using Home Care, I would try it with it off. Set up two networks with different SSIDs. Your devices could be the limiting factor. See https://www.duckware.com/tech/wifi-in-the-us.html for a lot more info that you may not need to know.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 677

Replies: 3

Related Articles