Internet and WiFi Getting disconnect so frequent

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-05 16:04:56
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Software Version: 1.1.2 Build 20191223 rel.73956

Hi Team,

I have recently purchased the TP-link AC5400 MU-MIMO Tri-band new wifi router and within two months it is starting making problems. 

Problem : Internet connection dropping so frequently during a specific time window between 12:00 Noon to 2:00 PM and Again between 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM, I observed during Meeting calls (Skype or Team). 

I have checked the TPlink community and found that this is a common issue with TPlink routers. but there is no solution for fixing the issue. 

During outage router Internet light going orange, In first place I thought it was an issue with my ISP modem but they have checked and replaced their modem but still im' facing the same issue. 

I have tried to login to Router using wifi connection but during the issue I'm able to login to router but not able to check anything as it is not responding properly. 

If I tried to check logs, I'm only getting this error and old logs getting erased from the logs sessions. 

2020-10-01 17:56:08 traffic-stats[6298]: <6> 269001 Clear all stats because time changed  

It seems that the router itself is having an issue.  

Please do not waste time asking rebooting router, Connect with correct power source manual set Time and disable UPnP setting. I already checked those things before writing an email to you.

Router is also connected to UPS to avoid any power surge. 

Your software is pathetic and there are a lot of bugs in software itself.  If I start counting all those bugs there will be no end. 

Please help me to fix this issue as thi making uncomfortable during the client calls.

Thanks

Sanchit

Hardware Version: ArcherC5400X v1.0
Software Version: 1.1.2 Build 20191223 rel.73956

2020-10-01 17:56:08 traffic-stats[6298]: <6> 269001 Clear all stats because time changed

Options
3 Reply
Re:Internet and WiFi Getting disconnect so frequent
2020-10-05 17:22:52
Is it both WIFI and Ethernet that has the issue? By chance are you running a VPN? If so, try a different server. Since you are getting an orange light, I would bypass the router during those times the issue tends to appear and connect a PC direct to the modem and see if the issue appears. Does your ISP provide other services such as TV and or phone. If so, could one of those be interfering? As far as the UPS goes, I have had issues when the battery started to fail.
Options
2020-10-06 05:29:48

@ArcherC8 

Hi, I'm not using any wired connections only Wifi. Most of time during Voice or Video call I'm facing this issue. I also observed that my PPPoE connection also getting reset. 

I have removed this router from Network and didn't faced any issue so far. 

Could you please let me know how to fix this issue with TP link router. 

Thanks

Sanchit

Options
2020-10-06 11:35:01
Run speed tests with the modem attaches to the PC. Next test is to connect the PC direst to the router via Ethernet to see if something is going on there. Run speed test and see what the difference is. It should be close o the same. If you used a different Ethernet cable for the PC to modem test than you use for the modem to router Ethernet cable, I would use the same cable as the PC test as the cable may be the issue. Since you are having issues at set times on WIFI, it sounds like interference to me. I would try different WIFI channels and widths. Do you see it more on the 2.4G or the 5G network?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 949

Replies: 3