Setting channel width

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setting channel width

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Setting channel width
Setting channel width
2020-10-07 02:16:18
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

I'm trying to stream music from a server to my squeezeboxes on a 2.4 GHz guest network but keep getting buffering problems. It appears that the problem is due to channel width being too narrow.  There doesn't appear to be any way to set the channel manually or to set the channel width. Or am I missing something?

I have already set QoS to favor streaming, and set device priority high for the server and music players.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Setting channel width
2020-10-07 13:02:44
See the user guide section 12.7 https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-a20/
Options
Re:Setting channel width
2020-10-07 13:20:35

OK, after messing with it I found that the only way to set the channel width (and to specify the operating channel) is to shut off the Smart Connect feature.

Problem solved!

When the next edit of the user Guide is being put together, you might consider explicitly stating that you can only access the channel and channel width settings by turning off the Smart Connect feature...

Thanks!

MR

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 509

Replies: 2

Related Articles