Issue with internet connectivity with 2 USB to ethernet adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-09 12:58:57
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.20.1 Build 200316

Hi

Everything was working normal and two kids come visiting me over the week. Since they have to connect with their acer chromebook, I bought one USB to Ethernet cable to check if it works, and it did, zero issues.

The ethernet adapter that I bought is from cable creation and it is available in Amazon. Realtek IC (RTL8153)

The issues started when I bought the second adapter, same model and company from Amazon. Once connected, the wifi was not available to some users, it couldn't connect, the computer appears as connected, I can see in the router is connected with an IP and I can confirm the MAC, but the computer doesn't have internet connectivity and cannot ping the router, the router cannot ping the laptop either.

I have done multiple test, restarting, reinstalling the firmware, changing laptops, connecting only one adapter. 

When do the testing, the wifi works fine but as soon as I connect a computer, any computer including a Lenovo with the adapter the wifi start having issues and the computer doesn't have internet connectivity, or is able to ping the router but appear as connected. 

The Lenovo computer uses windows 10. I already download and install the driver.

The two Acer chromebook does not need a driver according to the page. 

The issue with the wifi happens on any device randomly, it is not selected to specific components. Some components may connect and later may not connect. When they don't connect the device see the wifi but lags on Connecting.... Stays in connecting for a long while. If it connects to the wifi (because randomly some do) it works normally with internet connectivity.

I have tried different UTP ports. Same behavior.

I have tried both adapters alone and together, same behavior. No internet connectivity.

I have restarted multiple times both the modem and the router with no major difference. As soon as a usb adapter is connected, any of the two, issues start happening.

Issue occurs on lenovo windows 10 as well on chromebook acer with any of the two adapters.

I have tried assigning static IPs, but didn't make a difference.

I would appreciate any ideas or what do you consider can be the problem

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issue with internet connectivity with 2 USB to ethernet adapter
2020-10-09 18:55:09
One thing I would try is to use different Ethernet cables. If it came with cables, be sure to use them as they may be some type of crossover cable. If it did not come with cables, try not only CAT 5e and CAT 6, but also CAT5.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 515

Replies: 1