Archer A6 won't connect with Amazon Fire HD 7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-13 20:58:02
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.6

I just installed an Archer A6 router and I can not connect with my Amazon Fire HD 7. Is there a fix for this? I know TP-link routers and Fire Tablets don't like to play together.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer A6 won't connect with Amazon Fire HD 7
2020-10-13 22:46:36

@Clemrick 

I haven't heard of any compatiblity concerns with our routers and Amazon products.  The only comptaiblity isssue i know of is with Fire Phone and Fire Tabs and our apps as our apps are designed for Android proper and iOS devices.

However the answer could be simply the channel you are set to.  iOS device tend to want higher channels on your wireless bands and Fire tablets may be the same way.  I would suggest changing 2.4GHz to channel 11 and 5GHz  to chanel 48 or higher.   

Options
2020-10-16 00:24:23

@Carl sorry, I can not find any place that shows channels. How do I do this?

Options
2020-10-16 18:55:30

@Clemrick 

Long into the rotuer via its web url.  Tplinkwifi.net.   Click on advanced > wireless > wireless settings.  From here you should see a Channel drop down window.   

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 876

Replies: 3

Related Articles