Have we discussed updating the OpenVPN protocol or adding Wireguard in addition to OpenVPN support?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Have we discussed updating the OpenVPN protocol or adding Wireguard in addition to OpenVPN support?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-15 13:35:53
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.15 Build 20200721 rel.40773

I think we should start a discussion about upping the OpenVPN protocol because it's currently deprecated, as well as possibly adding Wireguard support in the future. It's an Open Source VPN protocol just like OpenVPN but it's built for speed and extra security. I see adding it as an addition to an updated OpenVPN protocol, as well as the current PPTP protocol would be a wecome upgrade. How does anyone else feel?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Have we discussed updating the OpenVPN protocol or adding Wireguard in addition to OpenVPN support?
2020-10-15 13:43:16

@Lonk Wireguard 1.0.0 is now audited, released and included in the Linux 5.6. Time to get this protocol going!

Options
Re:Have we discussed updating the OpenVPN protocol or adding Wireguard in addition to OpenVPN support?
2020-10-15 13:44:10
But I'm obviously in support of updating the version of the OpenVPN protocol first since I get warnings that it's too old from my VPN Clients.
Options
2020-10-15 18:00:00

@Lonk 

We can certainly forward this suggestion to our developers for consideration.

Thank you.

Options
2020-11-11 18:28:23

@Tony Let me know if anyone gets back to you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 852

Replies: 4