Wifi calling on iphone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi calling on iphone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wifi calling on iphone
Wifi calling on iphone
2020-10-15 14:19:49
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I enablled wifi calling on my iphone 8 (AT&T carrier). It works most of the time but many times it switches back to cellular for some reason. Cellular signal is not good at my home and wifi signal is good. Do I need to make any special config changes on my router for wifi calling. I've not made any changes so far. Some websites say some changes are needed for IPSec. Are those needed and will they make wifi calling more reliable?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi calling on iphone
2020-10-15 15:56:13
One thing you may want to try is to change the WIFI band width to 20 as Apple products seem to like it better than the 40 band width.
Options
Re:Wifi calling on iphone
2020-10-15 16:00:03
I had similar problems with an LG phone. I sort of discovered it liked the 2.4Ghz band best. I was setting it to connect to a 5Ghz band. The phone should switch to Wifi when it sees a 'good' signal, and in theory the 5Ghz would be best. On the 2.4Ghz I have reliable connection when I return home. Note, my wife has the SAME phone, and she has NO problems with 5Ghz SSID?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 571

Replies: 2

Related Articles