API documentation for smart light switches

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-17 14:45:34

Hi,

I'm considering using the line of smart light switches from TP-Link for a new home construction, and want to know if there is any documentation on interfacing/controlling these switches directly - and not thru any cloud services.

Does any such documentation exist, and if so how do I go about obtaining it?

Thank you

-Bob

Options
4 Reply
Re:API documentation for smart light switches
2020-10-19 18:26:44

@3dMaxer 

We do have a section on our website that has the available source code: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/gpl-code/

Other than that we do not have documentation aside from our official Kasa app.

Options
2020-10-19 19:22:36

@Tony Thanks Tony, I will review the materials there.

Options
2020-10-19 19:37:39

@3dMaxer MikeP has a Automation Server that you can use to controll things localy.

Try contacting him. Here is a link to one of his posts.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/230632

Options
2021-02-17 10:51:58

Hi there! Friendly speaking, I would better recommend you to pay attention to some professional systems. There are several worthy smart home solutions. I've heard about Ajax. My friend has that system installed in his house. I do not remember if they have some appropriate devices for your case. But it seems to me I saw several options on their website. I can't tell you for sure. I have an old-fashioned system at home that does not work. So, I am planning to change it to Ajax this year.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2980

Replies: 4