How to set youtube in restricted mode ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-17 16:06:16
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ax50v1_intel-up-ver1-0-9-P1[20200708-rel55037]_signed.bin

Hi,
It seems i can't find a way to set a kids YouTube in restricted mode even if i add his/hers android phone/pc under parental controls.
Is there a way ?

Options
5 Reply
Re:How to set youtube in restricted mode ?
2020-10-19 21:02:50

@KostasPap 

If you are talking about restricted mode within the YouTube app, that is done within the YouTube program and doesn't involve the AX50: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/174084?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

Under the parental controls of the AX50, you would be able to block access to YouTube. 

As you are setting up the filtering options for the profile go to Apps/Websites, and as you type out YouTube, you will see it listed. Select that, and then YouTube will get blocked for devices on the profile. 

Options
2020-10-20 05:52:53

@Tony Thank you.
The word i should use is "enforce" youtube's restricted mode.
So, i will rephrase the question better.

Is there a way to enforce youtube's restricted mode at parental managed devices despite apps settings ?

Options
2020-10-21 17:00:11

@KostasPap 

Unfortunately no, the two services work independently of each other.

Options
2020-11-06 10:22:48 - last edited 2020-11-08 20:06:25

@KostasPap 

Cannot understand why it has to be restricted?

Options
2021-08-03 07:15:58 - last edited 2021-08-22 09:15:28

Hey! When I installed parental control on YouTube on applications, I also could not figure out how to do it for the first time. It was challenging with the TV. Children often watch YouTube on TV, so I immediately decided to set parental controls. However, the first thing I needed to do was activate YouTube correctly. While looking for a solution to the problem, I came across https://sites.google.com/view/activateyoutub/, where I found some helpful information. In the end, I just initially set parental controls on my YouTube account. Since the account is shared, parental control was automatically activated everywhere. Now I don't have to worry about what my children are watching.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1694

Replies: 5

Related Articles