How to change owner for manage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-17 16:56:14
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Newest

How do I change the owner to a different email to manage my router remotely? I want to have someone else manage my c5400x remotely and not me. 

do I unbind myself then bind him? Is that even possible since then I can't manage it? I need to make him owner. How?

thanks. 

Options
7 Reply
Re:How to change owner for manage
2020-10-19 16:40:25

@Buggs1a will someone please help?

Options
2020-10-19 21:13:24 - last edited 2020-10-19 21:19:49

@Buggs1a 

The easiest way would be to bind the router with their TP-Link ID.

Have the remote person install Tether, and create a TP-Link ID.

They will then tell you the email and password used to create the ID.

You would then log into the C5400X, go to Basic > TP-Link Cloud, and enter the remote users credentials:

Once the router is bound to the TP-Link ID, the router will pop up in the Tether app of the remote user.

If the router is currently bound to you, just unbind it, and bind to the new TP-Link ID account. After unbending you will be taken back to the login screen, log in with the credentials before you bound the account. For example, the default login is username admin and password admin, unless you changed those.

Options
2020-10-19 22:09:20

@Tony 
Thanks. He is bound and can log in. 
so I unbind mine. Then he log in to do what to become owner? You lost me. 

Options
2020-10-19 23:53:37
Ok. He is the owner now. But I can still log in and manage it. With my own tp link. I don’t get it. I’m not bound. There is only the owner.
Options
2020-10-21 16:28:11 - last edited 2020-10-21 16:29:21

@Buggs1a 

Log in to the router, and go to Basic > TP-Link Cloud. Do you see your account and the remote users? If you only see the remote user then that is fine. If you see both accounts, there should be a check box that you can select and unbind your account.

When you logged in like you previously mentioned, and used the remote users password that will work, you are not completely locked out.

Options
2020-10-21 17:23:29

@Tony 

I don't think this will work. 
he is the owner now. There's no one else. I don't have to log in as his to manage the router. It still lets me with my own TP-Link account I guess. And I'm trying to get it so I CANT log in period. Just him. 

Options
2020-10-23 20:35:48

@Buggs1a 

Please reach out to our support team so they can look at the current configuration. There might be something that is being overlooked: link

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1760

Replies: 7