One Deco M9 Satellite is going yellow, losing Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-18 17:07:40
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel 75286

I have two satellites on my network that not only act as mesh extenders, but as access points for wired computers and printers. They've been running well and stable in this configuration for a year or two. With COVID and work from home, both extenders are very necessary so we can all work.

Since I updated the firmware ~two days ago, one of my access points (and only one) has lost connection at least twice (that I noticed--It's the weekend, so I'm not on much). The base is fine (my phone still has working Wifi), the other satellite is fine (with working Wifi), but one satellite seems to lose connection, light goes yellow, eventually gets it back (green light). I have lots of zoom meetings and teaching to do, so this will be a disaster if it happens during a class.

Any hints on how to diagnose? The interface in the app is so dumbed down that I don't see a way to see the logs of condition of a specific satellite, so no way to tell what's going on

Options
1 Reply
Re:One Deco M9 Satellite is going yellow, losing Connection
2020-10-20 22:01:01

@ImARealMesh 

The only way to access logs is to log in via the web browser.

The yellow indicates that the Deco is booting back up so it may be losing power or randomly restarting by itself. I would try swapping the power supply with another Deco to see if it follows the power supply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 548

Replies: 1