Parent Control is not consistent between iPhone App Tether and Web log in from local PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Parent Control is not consistent between iPhone App Tether and Web log in from local PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-18 21:03:59
Model: Archer C3200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.1 v004b.0 Build 170707 Rel.58427n

I set up parent control from my pc web browser to limit internet access for certain devices, but when I used tether application on iPhone to view the parent control, it did not show the schedule that I set up from the browser at all. 

Thanks

Options
7 Reply
Re:Parent Control is not consistent between iPhone App Tether and Web log in from local PC
2020-10-20 22:32:32

@creekdale 

Have you tried reinstalling the Tether app or rebooting the router to see if the settings get updated?

If you set up the parental controls on the Tether app are you seeing that reflected in the router via browser?

Options
Re:Parent Control is not consistent between iPhone App Tether and Web log in from local PC
2020-10-20 22:58:44

@Tony Yes, I uninstalled tether from Iphone, and reboot router mutilple times and same result.

Options
2020-10-23 21:06:20

@creekdale 

What is the current Tether app that you are running and on what device?

Tap on the top left menu in Tether, and select Settings > About.

Options
2020-10-23 21:22:22

@Tony 

The version is 3.4.14 (build 18) and it was installed on Iphone 8 Plus.

Options
2020-11-05 17:55:50

@creekdale 

Our engineers tried to replicate it, but found they were able to see the access times reference below:

Do you happen to have screenshots of what you see on your end?

Options
2020-11-06 21:14:30

@Tony  The top one is from my computer for one device, the bottom is on my iphone with the same device.

Options
2020-11-11 16:29:17

@creekdale 

Going back to my post #2, if you set up the parental control in the Tether app do you see the configuration show up in the router?

Also, if you can please back up your configuration file and email it to: ussupportteam@tp-link.com

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 942

Replies: 7

Related Articles