Certain websites blocked using Archer TX50E v1 whilst wifi repeater is turned on.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Certain websites blocked using Archer TX50E v1 whilst wifi repeater is turned on.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-19 12:22:55
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: not sure

Recently, I've been having difficulties trying to connect to certain websites i:e Twitch, Steam, Discord etc using my PC which I have installed an Archer TX50E wifi adapter inside it.There is also a wifi repeater in my home and I have discovered that only when I turn the repeater off, am I able to connect to all websites like normal. But as soon as I turn the repeater back on, these websites that I listed and many others return an error about trouble connecting to the internet. Eventhough all Google owned websites such as Youtube and Gmail, I have no trouble connecting to.

My other devices don't seem to be having any difficulties connecting to these websites either when the repeater is turned on or off.

I have, though, installed the latest drivers for the adapter. But still, the problem persists.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Certain websites blocked using Archer TX50E v1 whilst wifi repeater is turned on.
2020-10-21 20:43:38

@Jimothy 

Try manually assigning the DNS servers on the adapter itself.

For example, going into the IPV4 settings and putting the primary as 8.8.8.8 and secondary as 8.8.4.4

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 454

Replies: 1