Archer T6E super slow speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-23 02:18:39
Model: Archer T6E  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: no clue

Hi, just this week my wifi card has started to give horrible internet speeds. for reference, I am using the xfinity trapizoidal prism router and a fast computer, with 200mbps download and 6mbps upload. I went from getting 180 download + 5 upload to now only getting 60 download + 1 upload. it was a sudden change, and none of my hardware changed when this happened. is the card dying/dead, or is it a fixable issue. if it is dying, is this covered in the warranty? at this point, any help would be appreciated. also, my phone (iphone se 2020) gets perfect wifi when held in the same area as my wifi card.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer T6E super slow speeds
2020-10-23 17:51:21

@ihavewifiissues 

Warranty length is typically two years from the date of purchase, but needs to be troubleshot by a support agent and determined to be bad.

If you have another computer you can install the card there to see if the issue follows the card to see if something may be wrong with it.

If you have not done so, make sure the latest drivers were installed from our driver section: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-t6e/#Driver

Options
Re:Archer T6E super slow speeds
2020-10-23 17:59:00

@Tony Hi, sadly I do not have another computer with a PCIe 1x slot on it. I have already emailed about it to support, is that a support agent, or do I need to contact elsewhere?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 602

Replies: 2