Access Point Set-Up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Access Point Set-Up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Access Point Set-Up
Access Point Set-Up
2020-10-25 23:44:02
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.8

How do I install using "Access Point Mode?" I'm technologically illiterate and have spent HOURS trying to get answers from TPLink without success. I followed their instructions and have connected my existing Linksys router with the Archer 7 using an ethernet cable from the Ethernet port on the Linksys to the Internet port on the Archer 7. Shouldn't one of the routers be connected to the modem? If so, which router and which ports do I use? The Internet port on the Archer 7 is already occupied!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Access Point Set-Up
2020-10-26 15:29:42
See https://www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/archer-a7&c7_v5/chapter-4-set-up-internet-connection#ug-sub-title-3 for connection details. One router is in router mode and the other is in access Point mode. Your router (router mode) connects to the modem and the access point router connects to the router in router mode. Your PC can connect to either the router or to the AP.
Options