DECO M4 Backup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO M4 Backup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DECO M4 Backup
DECO M4 Backup
2020-10-26 12:34:46 - last edited 2020-10-29 06:46:33
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Second time i open the thread, the other vanished.

Is there any way to backup the M4, i mean you drop it it breaks and you buy a new one. Can i restore all settings, reservations port forwarding etc. ? 

thanks,

Vassilis

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:DECO M4 Backup-Solution
2020-10-28 20:54:00 - last edited 2020-10-29 06:46:33

@Vassilis 

Good point, unfortunately, if you have one Deco, then you will need to redo the settings.

In a multi Deco layout, the main Deco would be the one wired to the modem, and the satellite unit would be any not the main Deco. However, for a single Deco unit, it can just be referred to as the router, no different than a typical wireless router since there is only one of it.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:DECO M4 Backup
2020-10-27 17:20:11

@Vassilis 

When you posted the original thread you were at our global forums so your post is here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/233350

This is the US region-based forum, as the URL has US rather than EN.

With respect to your questions, you are not able to back up the settings. They are saved across the other nodes. So if the main node breaks you can swap that with one of the satellite nodes. If a satellite breaks, adding a replacement will be updated with the current settings.

Options
Re:DECO M4 Backup
2020-10-28 07:55:41
Thanks Tony and sorry for the wonrg placement. Quick followup, i have only one DECO M4 (router mode) , that is the satellite ? If that breaks and i replace with another one and make it main it will get the settings from the cloud ?
Options
Re:DECO M4 Backup-Solution
2020-10-28 20:54:00 - last edited 2020-10-29 06:46:33

@Vassilis 

Good point, unfortunately, if you have one Deco, then you will need to redo the settings.

In a multi Deco layout, the main Deco would be the one wired to the modem, and the satellite unit would be any not the main Deco. However, for a single Deco unit, it can just be referred to as the router, no different than a typical wireless router since there is only one of it.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 665

Replies: 3

Related Articles