Deco M4 router position

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 router position

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M4 router position
Deco M4 router position
2020-10-30 15:33:43
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Version 1.4.3

Hi TP-Link

Background:

I have a Deco M4 with 1 range extender. Supposed to cover area over 2000sq feet. Our house is under that.. Our modem is not positioned in the middle of the house, so it wasn't possible to follow your optimum setup advice of positioning the deco in the middle of the home. As a result the main unit is on one corner of the house downstairs and the extender is in the opposite side of the house. They are communicating. However, we are still experiencing a lag with speed. Main unit currently ranging between 7 - 60kbps which is slower than I would hope to achieve.

Question: If I get an additional extender, would the extender communicate with the closest other extender, or would it have to be close enough to M4 unit to improve the black spots? In otherwords, as the main unit can not be placed in the middle of the home - how can I get the most out of the setup?

Thanks for your help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 router position
2020-10-30 17:39:13

@Ih0310 

Mesh systems make a link to each unit and then using Best Path selection the system will choose the best path for your device's traffic. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 236

Replies: 1