Tether app won't install on android phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-30 18:51:50
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am helping a friend install his newly purchased RE220. We have both installed the Tether app downloaded from the Google Play store. He has installed the app 3 times, but no icon will show on his phone. I also tried and got the same result, until I completely turned off my android phone and started it again. This time the app appeared. This method did NOT work for my friend. Since he has zero computer knowledge, trying to walk him through a web browser install is a non-starter. Can anyone help me tell him how to get the Tether app to show itslelf on his phone? Thanks in advance.,

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tether app won't install on android phone
2020-11-02 21:40:48

@diplomatjim 

Make sure his phone's OS is full up to date and running an official build of Android [Official release from phone manufacture]  If it is there is no reason why the app shouldn't work.  If its running a custom rom via jailbreaking the phone might have compatiblity issues so you would need to contact the rom developer to see if it was tested.  We also have videos for installing a range extender.  They are universal so it will work for any model.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1261

Replies: 1