M9 Plus Mesh Network and coexisting wired network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-31 06:00:16
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 200116 Rel.60756n

Hi, sorry new to this community and I posted this into answering another post unintentionally, very sorry about it.

Regarding setup of a mesh WiFi network within an actual wired in order to have all devices working together regardless if wired or Wireless.

This is my actual wiring; TP-Link Modem/Router Archer VR2100 One Mesh Ready getting my ISP Internet connection.

It is used as DHCP server and is set to deliver Internet to a wired network via a TP-Link Smart Switch 1600G-52PS

I am using 2 of the LAN sockets on the router the first is connected to the Switch, the 2nd to the main Deco M9 Plus.

The wired network & the wireless network from the router use the IP range 192.168.1.1 / 254

The modem/router has set auto a usable range for the network wired and WiFi as 192.168.1.100 to 199, which is fine with me and sufficient.

Besides the modem/router WiFi network is still operational nothing is connected to it at this moment

The main deco when it was setup by the app asked for another SSID and have setup itself with another IP range [192.168.68.1 / 254] and everything works fine

But because I now have 2 WiFi network, my devices are separated from each other depending if they are wired or WiFi and that is the problem.

How do I change the setup so the deco mesh uses the modem router DHCP and not its own so everything is back into the initial network.

I know that I might loose some feature but the one I really only need is the smooth WiFi coverage of the house

Thank you, any advice would be welcome, I am computer and network literate but not an expert and once again sorry for the initial mistake

Options
1 Reply
Re:M9 Plus Mesh Network and coexisting wired network
2020-11-02 22:24:12

@johnosheridan 

Hi John,

While we don't have that router here in the US if it is OneMesh capatible that is different than Deco Mesh.  OneMesh uses existing eqiupement like routers and range extenders to create a mesh system.  This way you don't have to go out and buy a more expensive total mesh system (Deco).  So with the Deco connected to your existing router you are actually creating two seperate networks.  What you can do is disable your VR2100's wireless and set up the Deco in AP mode.  This will have the Deco act as your Mesh Wireless and the VR2100 your modem/router.  Another option would be if you are still within the return window for the Deco return it and purchase a few OneMesh range extenders like the RE300 or RE505X.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 657

Replies: 1