Linking my Garden Studio to the Main House

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-01 15:22:27
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I am new here so apologies for asking a newbie question.

I have a timber framed garden studio with a high end desktop PC about 30M from the main house which needs to have a decent internet link to the main house internet network. This is currently based on a BT home hub 6. I'm thinking of using an EAP225 mounted on the outside of the house with an Ethernet link plus  integrated power cable to the BT router (CAT 5 cable?). This involves a cable run of about 10M. I understand that this would also help produce better internet coverage in the garden too.
If I was to have another EAP225 at the studio end, would that produce a better throughput/more reliable connection? And if improving the garden coverage wasn't an issue, and I wanted a more directional device at the house end, aimed at the studio, what device would you recommend?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Linking my Garden Studio to the Main House
2020-11-03 00:44:43

@Paul881 

The EAP225 is a business product so you make get a more knowledgeable response if you post a thread on our business community. For your concern I'd recommend the EAP225-Outdoor.  Its an outdoor Omni-directional AP with a maximum range of 150M. It would be required to be physically connected to your network through a router or switch and mounted outside but the coverage could be sufient for your network needs.  Should an indoor EAP225 or another EAP225-outdoor be needed that one can be linked to the first one via a Mesh link.  

Options
Re:Linking my Garden Studio to the Main House
2020-11-04 18:53:46

@Carl Thank you for your reply and for the tip about posting in the business forum.

Carl wrote

@Paul881 

The EAP225 is a business product so you make get a more knowledgeable response if you post a thread on our business community. For your concern I'd recommend the EAP225-Outdoor.  Its an outdoor Omni-directional AP with a maximum range of 150M. It would be required to be physically connected to your network through a router or switch and mounted outside but the coverage could be sufient for your network needs.  Should an indoor EAP225 or another EAP225-outdoor be needed that one can be linked to the first one via a Mesh link.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 574

Replies: 2