Home mesh - Xfinity router with 3 wired Deco S4 nodes - One node blinks red, only late at night

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Home mesh - Xfinity router with 3 wired Deco S4 nodes - One node blinks red, only late at night

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-04 17:09:17 - last edited 2020-11-04 17:11:56
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

- I am posting again since my original post never showed up.

Title pretty much says it all. This Deco is in my bedroom and at night I see that it goes from white to red blinking back to white. I counted the number of blinks and it is not a consistent number. I am not sure if this happens during the day as I am not in that room but I know it happens every night.

My network is xFinity xFi gateway that produces the home wifi network. It also is wired to each room in the house and the 3 Deco S4 nodes are attached via that wired ethernet connection.

Is this a problem?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Home mesh - Xfinity router with 3 wired Deco S4 nodes - One node blinks red, only late at night
2020-11-05 23:45:19

@ColoradoAztec 

Your orginal post is actaully on our global community located here:  Its possible when you first went to our community you were directed there instead of the US specific one.  

Well, radio waves actually are affected by the ionzation in the atmosphere so can react differently at night rather than at day.  This usually equates to be range but aslo typically only applies to outdoor communications.  What is more likely is that it is happening during the day as well and you just aren't seeing it.  We would first recommend reloacting this unit a bit closer to the router and then observe if the concern is still happeing.

Best Regards 

Options
Re:Home mesh - Xfinity router with 3 wired Deco S4 nodes - One node blinks red, only late at night
2020-11-06 00:02:03
Thank you. I did not know why it was not showing up. So the deco is ethernet wired to the xFi.  Does proximity really matter? John
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1614

Replies: 2