Deco S4 - Combining With Other Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-06 22:57:35
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi! 

Tomorrow I'm trading Starlink for fiber! YAY.

I have a 3 piece Deco S4 system and haven't used it much because Starlink has its own router. 

I understand that I will need to provide my own router for this new provider (unless I want to pay a monthly fee for their router).

I am wondering if this S4 System can be combined with:

1) a different series of Deco, or

2) any TP-link mesh model, or

3) any manufacturer?

Thanks for your help! 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco S4 - Combining With Other Mesh
2023-06-07 02:38:48

@MichelleMattie 

Hi, Deco could be combined with a different series of Deco. So far, they could not create a Mesh network with other TP-Link EasyMesh or OneMesh models.

Can different Deco models work together?

In case you need more details about Starlink setup, the following post would be very helpful:

Getting Started with TP-Link and Starlink

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco S4 - Combining With Other Mesh
2023-06-20 13:42:22

@MichelleMattie 

You do not describe why you cannot simply use your three existing Deco, configuring one as a "modem".

I am using a Deco P9 as a "modem".  It is connected by Ethernet to a fiber "end point", and is configured as a router, using PPPoE to connect to Internet.  In other words, the P9 is compatible with my fiber provider.

I do not know if the S4 is compatible with the requirements of your fiber provider, but it is perhaps worth checking.

Options