A9 Wifi Router Keeps Disconnecting on all laptops new or old. Sad no one even care about this!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

A9 Wifi Router Keeps Disconnecting on all laptops new or old. Sad no one even care about this!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-09 14:04:16 - last edited 2020-11-09 14:11:54

I keep getting disconnected on a daily basis. What is going on and is Tech support are even aware of this issue???? We just got it about 1 month ago Brand new from Amazon.com. working fine initially. Sad no one even care about this

Hardware version

Date of Purchase August 28 2020

Archer A9 v6.0

Options
10 Reply
Re:A9 Wifi Router Keeps Disconnecting on all laptops new or old. Sad no one even care about this!!!
2020-11-09 15:19:49
Need a bit more info. Is it both WIFI and Ethernet that fails? What lights are you seeing on the router and on the modem when it is working and when it fails? Does it recover on its own or do you have to do something? Have you checked to see if it is your service by connecting a PC direct to the modem bypassing the router? Any new devices added or changed about the time of the failures started. If your ISP is also your cable/TV service, did anything change there? Is you firmware up to date? ...
Options
Re:A9 Wifi Router Keeps Disconnecting on all laptops new or old. Sad no one even care about this!!!
2020-11-09 15:37:32
On wif only on both 2.4 and 5.0ghz. No wired. when it works it works fine.. I think when several family members try to login at same time maybe it just loses connection. Strange. No Wired.. all wireless only!. A9 Version 6 of firmware. Hey look many people are having problems and I think this issue can be solved quite quickly if there are firmwares that can maybe gently move a login 5.0ghz to a 2.4ghz instead of totally losing connection. Many are working from home.Thanks
Options
2020-11-09 23:09:23

@PhillipKing 

There was an issue mentioned with the A9 that if reserved devices contained a space or "-" in the description that would cause connection issues. (Advanced > Network > DHCP Server).

If everything is running via DHCP, I would continue to follow up with support as that would be the best router to take. The wireless radio may be bad.

Options
2020-11-10 12:44:44

@Tony If so how can one resolve this issue with the space?

Options
2020-11-10 19:54:12

@PhillipKing 

same thing here. I've using the A9 Archer AC1900 for a few months now and during the last 2 weeks it has started to drop its wifi signal (2.4, not using 5.ghz)

Wireless devices (laptops, cellphones) would not be ale to connect to the internet, BUT a wired PC plugged to the back of the A9 has internet connection all the time. It is only happening with wifi signal. When this happens it maiy take a couple of minutes and then the wifi is back up and running. Lights on the front of the unit look normal when this is happening. Sometimes if it takes longer I power cycle the unit.

No changes in configuration, no new devices added, last firmaware update was done in april 2020 (version 1.1.0).

It's bee nworking fine for months, up until a couple of weeks ago.

I logged into the A9 web interface, and there are no errors reported anywhere, the logs don't show any error or failiure.

Very annoying.....

Options
2020-11-12 01:49:56

@Cara Yes Logs show nothing. I heard that A10 routers have a Beta Bios that corrects this issue. CAN ANYONE here confirm or is there a way we can use this or modify it. It sometimes disconnects when in 5g only I confirm. On 2.4ghz it is ok

Options
2020-11-12 01:51:11
Or mayb even going back to previous Bios? Anyone help for previous Bios before 1.10
Options
2020-12-10 08:38:46

@Cara same issue different router. Have you found the solution? 

Options
2020-12-10 17:18:20

@TPissues-new On my case the 2.4Ghz is the one having issues (disconnects), the 5Ghz is fine, I tested it with my phone and the 5Ghz stays connected even though the 2.4ghz is not. I had 2 cellphones (side by side) one on 2.4Ghz and the other on 5ghz. I opened a support ticket with TP Link and they are goign to RMA (replace) my A9 router.

TPissues-new wrote

@Cara same issue different router. Have you found the solution? 

Options
2021-03-24 13:58:17

@PhillipKing Anyone resove this??? I still have the disconnect and reconnect every few mins. terrrible.. going to get another one and sell this old one!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1357

Replies: 10

Related Articles