Time to upgrade Archer C3200?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-11 21:47:48
Model: Archer C3200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.1 v004b.0 Build 160704 Rel.56586n

I have an Archer C3200 router. I believe it is around 4-5 years old. Not sure. We have a two story home with a bonus room above the garage. The router is in the bonus room. We chose this location so we had a stronger signal upstairs. Locating router on first floor did provide a decent signal to each end of the house (bonus to bedrooms on opposite side of second floor). We have around 17 devices connected to the WiFi. Most TVs do not stream without interuption. We cannot connect our printer to the network reliabilly. Total sq ft is 2200. Do you recommend an upgrade? If so, which model? Do you prefer mesh routers over single point?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Time to upgrade Archer C3200?
2020-11-12 02:23:06
I have a C8 router and an extender. It works for me currently. If I replace it, I would most likely replace it with a pure mesh system not onemesh. An extender is slower based on how it is designed. Multiple routers seem like a lot of extra potential problems and some do not play well together. A pure mesh system is designed to work with each other and as I understand, is easy to expand.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 355

Replies: 1

Related Articles