Archer AX50 Client List Constantly Not Showing All Clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-18 23:03:11 - last edited 2020-11-18 23:06:22
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037(5553)

Firware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037(5553) --- Showing this is the latest

Hardware Version: Archer AX50 v1.0 (Though the dropdown was showing up to v7 and bought it brand new last week so surprised hardware is so low)

Background: Our internet is provided through ATT U-Verse since we have VoiP / TV / Internet package.  I have a cable that runs from the ATT U-Verse box (more information on the box below) that runs to the internet slot of the AX50.  From there I currently only have 1 wired connection going out (want to migrate the other 3 from u-verse box to here at some point) and have Wi-Fi enabled on the AX50 and disabled on the ATT U-Verse box.  In order to get the internet to feed correctly to the computer that is hooked up to the AX50 I had to put it in Access Point mode rather than Router otherwise only Wi-Fi worked.

ATT U-Verse Box Info:

Manufacturer: ARRIS
Model Number: BGW210-700
Software Version: 2.8.7
Datapump Version: A2pvbJ042x2.d27c
Hardware Version: 02001C0046004D
WiFi Status: OFF
Guest WiFi: OFF

I have all the wireless devices connected to the AX50 router and they all show and work with active connection.  The problem is if I go to the router's webpage (tp-link's) it shows only 2 wired clients (Connection to U-Verse box + My Computer) and only 3 wireless clients, however there are currently at leasy 6 clients on the wireless (if I look at the ATT Uverse page since it shows their Wi-Fi status there for some reason; including the ones that AX50 shows).  I know I have more devices connected since it is showing some of our iPad's/laptops offline, but I can use internet on them without issues.  The list will also sometimes go from showing 4 clients to 3 and sometimes down to 2, but then slowly readds 1 or 2 over time.  The devices that drop off the list still have an internet connection.

For some reason I can't get the TP-Link to show the status of all devices being connected.  One of the main reasons is I was going to rename each device so I can tell more accurately what each one is rather than some of the random/similar names some have.  Also, none of the devices on the other machine have a fixed allocation and are allocated by the DHCP server.

I'm not sure what I'm missing and I've tried googling and can't find any issue that is similar when searching.  Instead I've seen other posts with unrelated issues pop up.

More information on settings:

Operation Mode:

Switch Mode Access Point

Network - Lan:

Static/Smart Static IP
IP Address: 192.168.1.253 (Router's Address on U-Verse)
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.254 (ATT U-Verse Router Page)

Network - DHCP Server

DHCP Server: Auto
Address Reservation: None
DHCP Client List: None

Wireless - Wireless Settings

Both 2.4GHz / 5GHz have the same settings.

OFDMA: On
Smart Connect:

Off [I had it on, but had to disable it due to the 2.4GHz needing to have mode

set to 802.11b/g/n mixed since our laptops couldn't connect without downgrading]

Security: WPA/WPA2-Personal (Recommended)
Version: WPA2-PSK [Phone's threw a fit about weak security when Auto was on]
Encryption: ASES [iPhone's threw a fit about weak security when Auto was on]
Mode: 802.11b/g/n mixed [Laptops couldn't find WiFI when 802.11b/g/n/ax mixed was on]
Channel Width: Auto
Channel: Auto
Transmit Power: High
Airtime Fairness Feature: Disabled

Guest Network - Disabled

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 Client List Constantly Not Showing All Clients
2020-11-19 21:18:20

@Lucetia 

It may be due to the router in AP mode, if you were to switch it to router mode are all the devices recognized correctly?

The way the router detects activity makes it easier to identify some devices and not others. So while in AP Mode it won't detect devices compared to using its own DHCP server, ARP, and other data frames.

Options
Re:Archer AX50 Client List Constantly Not Showing All Clients
2020-11-19 21:50:24

@Tony 

Thanks for the reply.  I had thought that might be the case, but when I swap it to Router mode it does the same thing.  Only a few of the devices will show up despite there being more connected to it.  Sometimes the list will sit at just 1 device while I had 3 in hand that are all connected and working.

Tested this a few times and testing it just now after seeing the post to see if anything changed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1575

Replies: 2