Cloud Controller with Archer wireless router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-23 17:51:48 - last edited 2020-12-01 19:53:22

I have a bit of networking experience, but haven't used much by TP-Link in the past. I recently bought an outdoor ap from TP-Link just out curiosity to see how it worked. I liked it lot and started looking into some of the other equipment. I really liked the idea of cloud controller and managing different network pices from the single area (I set up a few unifi systems like this).

I thought about buying some things to mess around with in a home lab which brought me to this site:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/omada-sdn/compatibility/

This appears to show that the wireless routers are not supported in this envirnment. Is that true? Or am i missing some information?

It would be cool to use one of the tp-link wireless routers as a centerpiece and then add other switches and ap's as needed.

Thanks for any insight.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cloud Controller with Archer wireless router-Solution
2020-12-01 00:26:23 - last edited 2020-12-01 19:53:22

@djfoy 

The Omada product line is from our business product line and is not compatible with our Home product lines like Archer or Deco. While the Archer and Deco do have Cloud access functions through their compatible apps and a TP-Link ID account this is only for remote access and OTA updates.  Beyond that they are not cloud managed. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cloud Controller with Archer wireless router-Solution
2020-12-01 00:26:23 - last edited 2020-12-01 19:53:22

@djfoy 

The Omada product line is from our business product line and is not compatible with our Home product lines like Archer or Deco. While the Archer and Deco do have Cloud access functions through their compatible apps and a TP-Link ID account this is only for remote access and OTA updates.  Beyond that they are not cloud managed. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cloud Controller with Archer wireless router
2020-12-01 19:52:58

@Carl Thanks a lot for the info. I thought that was how it worked. It would be really cool if there was wireless router in the business line as well. Hopefully that's something that happens in the future.

Options
Re:Cloud Controller with Archer wireless router
2020-12-01 20:18:51

@djfoy 

We had one at one time but it was not a popular product.  We will however be having a Omada cloud supported router comming out in our business line soon.  That will be able to link and be controlled through the cloud controller/ omada cloud solution, along with all other Omada compatible devices including the EAPs. That should be out in Q1 of next year and might meet your needs. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 344

Replies: 3