Parental controls do not restrict access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-23 19:18:26
Model: Archer CR700  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1.0.6 Build 20160203 Rel615753

I installed the new modem but it does not restrict access on devices when I set the effective times in parental controls. I've tested on wifi and wired devices. Here are screenshots of my setup. I've tried rebooting and resetting modem plus different time periods. All devices below still have internet access even though the time is not the selected period in the effective time range. I'm not just trying to block keywords and websites. I want the device unable to connect at all. The modem time is synced with my local time. Please help. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Parental controls do not restrict access
2020-12-01 00:35:58

@greymanic 

Based on what I am seeing you have a blank whitelist which will block all traffic and sites to the connected devices but right now it only is active between 00:00 am -01:00 am.  The Green is active, white is not active.  

Options
2020-12-01 01:19:57

@Carl Ok. What does it need to look like if I want to block a device from accessing the internet between the hours of 12am - 5am? Let's make it simple. Your terminology and interface is unclear. I'm not sure if green means that the device can access the internet or if white means they can access the internet. Also are you saying the the blacklist/whitelist selection affects the access times per device above?

Options
2020-12-01 01:41:38

@greymanic 

Okay so the first image Content restrictions.  Blacklist and Whitelist.  a Blacklist is a list of sites that are blocked.  A whitelist is the opposite a list of sites allowed.  A empty black list means nothing is blocked and an empty white list means nothing is allowed.  You have an empty whitelist so all traffic would be blocked during the access hours. 

On the 2nd  image the green means when the rule will be active and a white or blank square means it is in active.  For 12 to 5 am you want the squares green between 00:00 and 05:00

Click ok once complete then Save and reboot the router at that point the restrictions should work.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 332

Replies: 3

Related Articles