Not able to see wifi network on my laptop(acer AspireR - Windows 10)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-27 19:29:04
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Not able to see wifi network on my laptop(Acer AspireR - Windows 10) whereas I can see other networks and also I can connect using a mobile hotspot. I was working fine till yesterday with my Netgear router but when I installed AX1100. My all other devices just working fine.

I tried all bsic options like restarting, updating drivers etc...  

Options
7 Reply
Re:Not able to see wifi network on my laptop(acer AspireR - Windows 10)
2020-11-28 14:11:07
Is the router set up to hide the SSIDs? Always show the SSIDs as that feature does not function as a security measure anymore. Did you use the same SSID as the old router? If so some devices need to reestablish the connection. You may need to delete (forget) the network and reestablish it.
Options
2020-11-28 15:19:20

@ArcherC8 thanks for the reply, my issue got resolved with below config which I found in another question which was answered.

Log into your router, and change the mode to b/g/n for the 2.4GHz, and then hit "Save". Now go to 5Ghz, change the mode to a/n/ac, and hit "Save" 

not sure why technical team don't know this simple trick which was already answered by community. Hopeless tech support I ever talked to.

Options
2020-11-28 15:28:13

@Srimag 

May I ask what did you have those set to before?

Was it that Smart Connect was enabled?

If so, you would ONLY see the 2.4Ghz SSID. With Smart Connect enabled, the router, based on what the device reports to it, would select the proper band to connect it to. However, the SSID would remain as the 2.4Ghz band. About the only way to tell which frequency band you had connected to was to use an app that would show the frequency yo connected to. A program like Acrylic would show that.

Just curious.

Options
2020-12-01 21:41:29

@Srimag 

I think the issue was that your Intel card had older drivers, which is why you couldn't see the network when it was running with AX. If you update those drivers, you can then switch back to including AX. 

Here is a FAQ that talks about it: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2303/

Options
2021-04-15 18:19:18
@Srimag, Your fix did the trick on my ASUS laptop not being able to see my WiFi network. I was able to see my wifi on my other devices so I tried drivers updates and checked on connection configurations and much more. I thank you for providing an easy fix! I was getting ready to reinstall Windows when I saw your reply!
Options
2021-07-31 12:32:08

@Srimag where did you find these settings because i have looked into everything and i cannot find it

Options
2021-07-31 16:04:32

@marzz300 

If you have Smart Connect turned on, you may not see many of the Wireless settings as it defaults many with Smart Connect.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1303

Replies: 7