Wired Connection on my Archer A7 is constantly cutting out through out the day.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-30 23:23:58 - last edited 2020-12-01 18:59:29
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.15

My interent is constantly cutting out through out the day at random times, sometimes for just a couple seconds, other times for multiple minutes. This is only happening to my wired PC and not any of the wireless devices in the house. I am the only system that is wired straight to the router. When I go check the router to see if the lights are off or to see if the entier internet is down, all I see is that the Archer A7 isnt even showing that my ethernet cable is plugged in. If I switch the ethernet cable to another port it picks it up instantly and ill have internet again until it decides to not recognize that an ethernet cable is plugged in anymore and ill have to either wait for it to reconnect or just switch ports again. I did notice today that even though the router itself didnt show the ethernet was connected, when I went online and checked, it still showed my PC was connected. So im not sure what the problem could be. This has been happening on and off for a while now and I have tried trouble shooting it myself but I cannot seem to fix it. Not sure if this matters but I am using a flat 75' ethernet cable from my PC to the router. Any advice would be helpful, thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wired Connection on my Archer A7 is constantly cutting out through out the day. -Solution
2020-12-01 02:25:02 - last edited 2020-12-01 18:59:29
I would replace that Ethernet cable with a quality Cat 5 e or Cat 6 and see it that makes a difference. If your speeds are 100 and below the cable uses only four wires. If it is above, the cable use eight wires. Next time it fails, try just moving the cable or plugging it back in to the same port.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Wired Connection on my Archer A7 is constantly cutting out through out the day. -Solution
2020-12-01 02:25:02 - last edited 2020-12-01 18:59:29
I would replace that Ethernet cable with a quality Cat 5 e or Cat 6 and see it that makes a difference. If your speeds are 100 and below the cable uses only four wires. If it is above, the cable use eight wires. Next time it fails, try just moving the cable or plugging it back in to the same port.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Wired Connection on my Archer A7 is constantly cutting out through out the day.
2020-12-01 02:33:57

@ArcherC8 Ive been thinking its the cable but didn't want to purchase a new one if I could avoid it. Thank you

Options
Re:Wired Connection on my Archer A7 is constantly cutting out through out the day.
2021-10-18 15:01:22
The flat Ethernet cables have gotten bad reviews in the past,check your cable, maybe have a bad place in it from a mounting clip! If I were you I would go with a round cat 6 cable. I have had an issue with mine in that my provider went from 100 to 200 speed but I was still only getting 90. After checking I found my cable from my modem to the router was an old cat5 from 1999,change it to cat 6 and now I get 218!! Yeah!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 848

Replies: 3