New Router puts through less bandwidth

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-01 19:04:40
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V10
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 0.9.1 v1000.0 Build 190305 Rel.62969n(5553)

I replaced my Archer 1750 which I think was a V5 with this newer model because I was having inconsistent connection problems, it was difficult to upgrade (which I didn't try) and thought a newer model would be better. Testing with Speectest.net, I regularly got close to the 20 mbs promised by my DSL ISP. Now, however, all my computers regiater closer to 10. We have several computers all over the house all of which were getting near 20 now getting near 10, on both 2.4G  and 5G. Im wondering if there is a stting I got wrong, such as the one to prioritize one computer over the other (which setting I have turned off). There have been no changes in the computers' equipment or locations. Any thoughts? (The connection problems with the old router don't seem at all similar to what I have now, and were more like some times there was a delay or waiting period and switching from 2.4 to 5 or back would solve them)

Options
1 Reply
Re:New Router puts through less bandwidth
2020-12-01 22:27:54

@laird4444 

The issue may actually be the DSL service.  It is an older service that is transmitted over LAN lines that are based on a 200 year technology that was not developed for what its being used for now.  What you would want to do is contact your ISP and have them run a intrusive line test to ensure the line quality is good.  You also want to make sure You have DSL fliters connected to all your in use phone lines to reduce interference.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 310

Replies: 1