Homecare - x20 - AX1800 REQUIRE a profile?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-01 21:01:34 - last edited 2020-12-01 21:02:49

Does anyone know if you can setup "HomeCare" to deny connection for a device that has not been set a profile?  Or maybe have it go to a default profile (limited)?

I ordered Eero6 because of its parental controls, but they can easily be negated by rolling a MAC address, which both IOS and Android now do.  It is understood they have to turn that feature off inorder to be connected.  Or maybe even just hinder the "unknown" device greatly (bandwith limit or other way). 

It's a simple request, but finding hardware that enforces has been a show stopper. 

I want to filter, do not allow them to connect\use unless they are being filtered to the desired level the parent has enforced.

Thoughts?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Homecare - x20 - AX1800 REQUIRE a profile?
2020-12-01 22:11:11

@JustDougDevore 

Parental and access controls are based on MAC address.  What you can do is go Access Control and Make a Whitelist. This will make it so only the devices that are listed will gain access to your network.  Now there may be a limit to the devices in this access list.  I beleive it is 32 but I am checking to make sure.  I'll let you know if its something different. 

Options
Re:Homecare - x20 - AX1800 REQUIRE a profile?
2020-12-01 22:28:40
yes. I am completely ok with doing that. But that would mean the default is to deny...is that true? So you just set the configure on the router to ***ONLY ALLOW*** XZY mac address?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 428

Replies: 2

Related Articles