Archer A7: Unable to connect devices through unmanaged switch (D-Link gigabit)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-02 00:43:42
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.16 Build 20201029 rel.43238(5553)

Hi.  As the subject says, I am unable to connect to devices past an unmanaged switch.  The switch is a D-Link DGS-2205, hardware version A1.  The two devices that are connected to it are a PS3 and XBox 360.  Everything worked fine up until using the Archer A7 earlier.  I checked the ethernet connection at the switch and was able to connect (pre-switch).  Also, using the old router (an AT&T Pace 5268AC) and settings, the switch works fine again.

I currently have the modem in as close to bridge mode as it will allow (DMZplus for the Archer A7).  It also has the DHCP network ranged switched to 172.16.0.0/255.255.0.0 for stability.  These were reverted to test the switch again.

The A7 is running mostly as it came out of the box (standard settings, nothing unique).

Any suggestions or ideas?  Please let me know of any additional info required for this solution.  Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer A7: Unable to connect devices through unmanaged switch (D-Link gigabit)
2020-12-02 20:14:50

@caligula5555 

Were is the swtich located in the network setup?  Modem-Switch-A7 or Modem-A7-Switch?  Is the switch a configured switch or unmanaged?

Options
Re:Archer A7: Unable to connect devices through unmanaged switch (D-Link gigabit)
2020-12-02 22:10:29

@Carl It is Modem->A7->Switch->[Connected devices].  And it is unmanaged.

It was plug and play for the old setup.  The connected devices are in a standard DHCP configuration (not static).

Options
2020-12-03 23:15:03

@caligula5555 

When you connect the consoles to the switch and test the connection were does it fail and if any errors displayed? 

Options
2020-12-04 00:55:10
It doesn't even get that far. There's no uplink LED lit (connection from router to the switch), and the A7 LED for the port connected to the switch doesn't light up. In turn, the devices' status LED's on the switch don't light up either. The A7 is basically acting as though there is nothing plugged in. Yet, using the same cable in the same A7 port (connected directly to a laptop), it connects instantly. And the A7 LAN port LED lights up.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 715

Replies: 4