Hs103v2 won't connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Hs103v2 won't connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Hs103v2 won't connect
Hs103v2 won't connect
2020-12-02 02:17:50 - last edited 2020-12-02 02:21:22
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ?

I have a 4 pack of hs103v2.  I tried everything I can think of and everything I found on these forums to try and get it to work.  Well almost everything short of reconfiguring my entire network.

I tried to connect directly to the devices Wi-Fi.

I tried a different receptacle.

I tried a different smart plug.

I tried connecting to 192.168.0.1 while connected to the smart plugs Wi-Fi.  I got connection refused.

I verified it's 2.4ghz.

I tried factory resetting it.

I tried holding the power button for 5 seconds so that the orange and blue lights blinked faster.

I tried holding it for 10 seconds so that it flashed just orange and then power cycled and then went back to flashing orange and blue at one second intervals.

I tried the airplane mode Wi-Fi trick.

Nothing seems to work.  What I did notice is that my wireless routers IP is 192.168.0.1 as is the smart plugs IP address.  Based on my limited networking knowledge, the conflicting address could cause the arp/rarp tables on the router to ignore the conflicting IP address returning it's own mac instead, thus preventing mac address lookups to connect to the device since it's ip is already in the address table with the routers mac address.

I really don't want to go through the hassle of changing my router ip on a hunch since I have a few servers(slackware and open suse) running several containers with static IP to provide streaming services to my Android TV box which I manage remotely via cockpit.

Concerning IP, I would have though the 169.254/16 link local addresses would be suitable for configuration purposes.  Once the device is connected to the router, it would obtain an IP via DHCP or require m/static configurations.  But I'm no expert.

Edit: I forgot to mention I had 3 globe Wi-Fi smart plugs that worked fine and without issue.  I traded them in for these as tp link has a better networking brand than I'm aware of that globe has.  😒

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 393

Replies: 0

Related Articles