Is it time to upgrade a Model TL-PA4010 KIT v3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-05 15:17:04
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: V3

I've had this setup working fine for years (over 6) and all of a sudden it just won't connect anymore to my other room.  If I pair the units in the same room it's fine.  When I move the remote unit to my other room - no luck.

I'm wondering if I just need to replace with a newer model.

What I'd like to have is a WIFI Extender that has multiple Ethernet Ports so that I don't even need to have a TP-Link over my house wiring - is there even anything that offers that?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Is it time to upgrade a Model TL-PA4010 KIT v3
2020-12-06 14:46:31
If it pairs in the same room then it should pair in the other room. You did not say if you are in the US or have the US type of wiring which is 110 volt and 220 volt made up with two 110 volt circuits. Sometimes power devices like this and others like X10 have issues when attached to one side and the other device is attached to the other side of the circuits which may be the case here. Try different outlets through out the house and see what works. There are devices for X10 to bridge the two which may work. If you decide to replace your units, look into the true Mesh system as that is much better than using extenders or APs.
Options
Re:Is it time to upgrade a Model TL-PA4010 KIT v3
2020-12-06 15:25:44

@ArcherC8 

Thanks!  I am in the U.S. and after updating Firmware everything started working again.  I will be upgrading one of these days and will look into the Mesh units as you suggested.

CH

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 2