Archer AX6000 not showing in Computers File explorer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-07 16:20:17
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200714 rel.18254(5553)

Hello I have come to this forum with a minor issue but one I hope has a solution. 

In this image you can see my network as listed in the file explorer... well most of it lol. What is not listed is my Archer AX6000. First I was wondering if this is normal. Second if not normal is there a solution to it. I am conneced to my router through wifi with my computer. Normaly I would connect to the gateway which has wifi but because I needed to extend the range and get a much better signal I went with the tp-link Archer AX6000. The signal is very strong and I am very satisfied with it. But the router does not show at all. Any suggestions or input I would be most greatful to recieve. 

Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 not showing in Computers File explorer
2020-12-07 16:57:44

Shard wrote

Hello I have come to this forum with a minor issue but one I hope has a solution. 

In this image you can see my network as listed in the file explorer... well most of it lol. What is not listed is my Archer AX6000. First I was wondering if this is normal. Second if not normal is there a solution to it.

@Shard

Well, first of all, did you have even the Gateway showing before?

Assuming you are on Windows 10, since V1709 MS 'depricated' SMB 1 support. That is they TURNED IT OFF. Unfortunately, most routers use SMB 1 for NETBIOS shares.

How to enable SMB 1:

https://www.tachytelic.net/2019/09/windows-10-enable-smb1/

MS document on this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/file-server/troubleshoot/smbv1-not-installed-by-default-in-windows

Still, if you don't have a USB drive connected you might still not see the SHARE, but you will see router on the Network Infrastructure.

Options
2020-12-08 00:46:03

@IrvSp  thank you for you response. Yes the gateway was showing before. Yes I am on windows 10, I apologize for not saying before. When I get home from work I will try your suggestion. Thank you for your time.

Options
2020-12-08 16:03:42

Ok I have tried your suggestion and it did not work. The Archer AX6000 is still invisible on my network. I think I am going to give up on this. It does not seem to be a windows 10 problem. I think it is the router that "hides" itself. When I was first setting up the router it breifly showed up for a split second and then dissapeared. This was before I installed the drivers from Tp-Link. After driver install it still did not show up. Might be a hidden feature in the router. I am unable to find anything on the internet concerning this. All I find when I do searches are things talking about finding an ssid or getting an ssid to show up and not be hidden. Sometimes the search engine lets me down. Thank you again for your time.yes

Options
2020-12-08 22:15:08

@Shard 

Shard wrote

Ok I have tried your suggestion and it did not work. The Archer AX6000 is still invisible on my network. I think I am going to give up on this. It does not seem to be a windows 10 problem. I think it is the router that "hides" itself. When I was first setting up the router it breifly showed up for a split second and then dissapeared. This was before I installed the drivers from Tp-Link.

Confused, I thought you were having a problem 'seeing' the router on Windows Explorer for the Network? Not that you can't see the SSID's for wireless?

What 'drivers' are you talking about? Updating the Firmware?

Shard wrote

After driver install it still did not show up. Might be a hidden feature in the router. I am unable to find anything on the internet concerning this. All I find when I do searches are things talking about finding an ssid or getting an ssid to show up and not be hidden. Sometimes the search engine lets me down. Thank you again for your time.yes

If it is SSID's you are looking for, what is the router set for? I'll assume you can get in via a Browser on a wired device like the picture you posted? That has nothing to do with SSID's.

Here is what my Network looks like:

I have the router to be a DLNA server for the attached USB drive. Those show as 'TP-SHARE' shares.

As you can see, my Archer A20 appears in the Network Infrastructure, and I did NOTHING to make that happen.

I looked at your Thread again and your Picture.

You are SEEING your Gateway? I do NOT, yes I have one.

Is the PC connected to the GATEWAY MODEM and NOT the ROUTER? If your PC is not WIRELESS, you can't see the output of SSID's from the Router. Wondering if you are in ACCESS POINT mode and NOT ROUTER mode?

Options
2020-12-08 22:57:44 - last edited 2020-12-08 23:05:25

@IrvSp Sorry I am indeed not seeing what you have on yours. I am using it as an access point because I am not allowed to replace the gateway / router with the AX6000. The setup is Cable Modem -> Gateway -> AX6000. I thought I should see it in the network because all items that are connected to the gateway are showing on my network. I am connected to the AX6000 by WiFi not ethernet cable. Ethernet cable would be out of the question seeing as how I am approimately 500'+ away from the router. And yes it is reaching that far. 8P I really like this router for the wifi reach alone, just would like to also see the Archer A20 in my Network Infrastructer as well. I have escalated this to an engineer to see what they come up with or it may be because I have it in AP mode (which I also like). BTW: I do not have the option of replaceing the gateway with the AX6000. The original network and IP access point is not my own. I only have permission to hook up to existing infrastructer. Haveing said that it is my opinion that it should still show up. Again your thoughts are much appriciated. I am sorry for the confusion. Will you please forgive me?

Now I do not remember where I got the drivers for windows 10. The problem existed before the drivers. I know I downloaded them from Tp-Link. I would not take them from any place else.

Options
2020-12-08 23:14:12
Woops the drivers are not for the router it was for my network expansion card I installed on my computer so I could connect with Wifi 6. Again sorry for the confusion.
Options
2020-12-08 23:45:24

@Shard 

Access Point mode has some 'less' capability too, see https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/kb/detail/277https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/kb/detail/277

You would need to look 'from' the Gateway to see the AX6000 I'm pretty sure.

There are NO Windows drivers for the Router? Maybe you meant Windows TCP/IP Drivers? Only files for the router are Firmware files, not drivers. There are apps, like Tether though.

Options
2020-12-08 23:52:04

@IrvSp No I got an expansion card and got it confused with my router. I am sorry. I know about the apps I have the tether app on my iphone. Yes it is visible from the Netgear Gatway / router. I can see it there but not from windows. I am now heading to work and will not be able to respond to anything for a while. Talk to you later. 8)

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1024

Replies: 8

Related Articles