Unknown Device On My TP-Link Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-09 13:38:08 - last edited 2020-12-11 11:10:54
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I have a Tp-Link A7 router, Hardware Version V5 With the Extender RE220. I logged into my router when I could not connect to my HP Printer (Office Jet 5650).

I was running the HP troubleshooting software, with no success, and it was suggested that I check my range extender to see if it was listed there. It was, but I have another question now. 

There is a wireless "Host Client" that has no name. I have the IP and Mac address. How do I identify this device and should my SSID number be hidden?

Thanks for your response

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unknown Device On My TP-Link Extender-Solution
2020-12-11 11:10:41 - last edited 2020-12-11 11:10:54

@Tony 

Tony wrote

@MemoirsOzeus 

Devices connected through the extender will have a different MAC address compared to their original one. The first half of the MAC should at least be the same as the device's actual MAC. You can use that to try and compare it to see which device it is. 

Thank You!

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Unknown Device On My TP-Link Extender
2020-12-09 19:37:20 - last edited 2020-12-09 19:37:34

@MemoirsOzeus 

Devices connected through the extender will have a different MAC address compared to their original one. The first half of the MAC should at least be the same as the device's actual MAC. You can use that to try and compare it to see which device it is. 

Options
Re:Unknown Device On My TP-Link Extender-Solution
2020-12-11 11:10:41 - last edited 2020-12-11 11:10:54

@Tony 

Tony wrote

@MemoirsOzeus 

Thank You!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1663

Replies: 2

Related Articles