AX3200 Wired Connection Not Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-11 05:52:42
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Have to ask is anybody else out there having an ethernet connection issue with the AX3200? It's not just my computer, its any device that has a wired connection. Computers, consoles, media streamers, etc. 

I powered down my modem, router and disconnected the devices. Yet I am still having the same issue. I changed the DNS settings as I was instructed by TP Link Technical Support. It will work fine for a few hours than, everything disconnects again. 

I know this is a fairly new router, but seriously. If anybody has this same router and if you were able to get yours to work, what did you do?

Options
4 Reply
Re:AX3200 Wired Connection Not Working
2020-12-11 13:52:18
Since you did not say anything about WIFI, I assume it is working fine. If that is the case, I would try different good quality Ethernet cables. Check for damaged or bent pins in the connectors. Also just because a cable is new, do not assume it is good.
Options
2020-12-17 05:33:09

@ArcherC8 

Sorry I have not been on the forum for a few days. I swapped out the cables, reset the modem and router. Switched the cables between the ethernet ports on the router. I will have a wired connection for a few minutes, than boom everything drops again.

At this point I am seriously going to take this router back for a refund.

Options
2020-12-17 12:54:32
Be sure you are using the power adapter that came with the router as an under powered one may cause issues. Also disconnect any USB devices to see if that changes things as sometimes they pull to much power. If you have good stable power, then I would consider replacing it.
Options
2022-01-20 22:40:14

@MRBLACKMAGIC5 

This WAN disconnect issue at the router seems to be impacting many TP-Link routers.  Appears to have been fixed with a firmware update.  See the following forum (it has a subect header of AX20, but ignore that and see how many routers are listed in the forum with beta firmware links for the fix)... https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/522208

I struggled with multiple troubleshooting steps like you until I came upon the above forum.  I have not suffered any more disconnects since uploading the beta firmware. 

Hope it works out for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1239

Replies: 4

Related Articles