TP-LINK Archer A6 V3 Not detecting the WAN port connected from modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-11 13:07:18
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 20200807-rel59334

Hi,

Recently purchased the Archer A6 V3 smart wifi router (mesh). I followed the exact procedure in the user manual and tried setting up the router.

Nothing helped me with the internet connection. I also tried with MAC cloning and changing the IP address of the router to 192.168.1.1

The router simply keeps rebooting constantly when I unplug the cable from modem to router and plug it back.

The router does detect the modem connection sometimes but the wifi signal disappears and I will not be able to connect to the web interface as well.

I am struggling to get this work. Your help or support is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mohan

Options
5 Reply
Re:TP-LINK Archer A6 V3 Not detecting the WAN port connected from modem
2020-12-11 13:23:59
I do not know if you tried this, power off the modem, router, and PC. Wait a few minutes, then power on the modem and wait for it to stabilize, then power on the router and wait for it to stabilize, and the the PC. Sometimes devices will want to reattach to a previous device using stored settings. Also be sure you are using the power adapter that came with the router as an different one can cause strange issues. If you have multiple devices attached including USB and Ethernet, remove all of them except a PC and power cycle as above. Try different Ethernet cables as they cause strange problems also.
Options
2020-12-13 12:40:27

@ArcherC8 Thanks for your reply. I tried the procedure you have mentioned above but was unsuccessful. The wan port doesn't detect the lan connected from the router and  suddenly there is no wifi signal of the router even though led of the wifi power, 2.4 and 5ghz signals are on. However, the wan port led never turns On even though I am connected to the modem lan.

Options
2020-12-13 13:23:59
The way that is working is strange. You should contact TP Link Support via Phone, email, or chat and see what they can do as it may be to be replaced.
Options
2020-12-13 14:27:52

@ArcherC8 I have already replaced the router. But the problem is same.

Options
2020-12-13 17:16:25
Did you replace the Ethernet cable with a CAT 5e or 6? Even a new cable can be bad. Are you getting a WAN IP address? If not use the "my router is not obtaining the IP address from cable modem" posted in the first 10 posts.
Options