Deco E4 and Work Network Phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-15 11:08:15
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi, I recently moved house and needed to extend the WiFi. The decos work great for that, no issues there. 

My main Virgin router is at one end of the house and my office is at the other. With what I do for work I need to use a Siemens network phone. Presently I have a power line adaptor going from my router room to my office. Then an ethernet from the powerline into the phone. All works fine. 

I have a Deco in the office and I want to take an ethernet out of the back of the Deco and into the phone to do away with the powerline adaptor. But the phone won't connect by using the ports on the back of the Deco, I have tried ports 1 and 2. 

Does the phone require direct connection to the router via the powerline or is there a way I can use the ports on the back of the Deco?

Thank you 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco E4 and Work Network Phone
2020-12-16 18:57:31

@alyttleton 

There needs to be one Deco wired to the router, and the other Deco can be placed near the phone. You can then wire the phone to one of the Ethernet ports.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 273

Replies: 1