Any benefit to adding wired node?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-16 15:24:04
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

We had a burst water pipe and all the drywall in the house is opened up so it's a no brainer for me to install network cable right now hence the question. 

my M9 plus setup is cable modem wired to node 1 then node 2 is 50 ft away and node 3 is 50 ft away. i.e node 3 is 100 ft from node 1 and the modem. It works pretty well unless 2 or more of us are attached to node 3 using Zoom/streaming simultaneously then we notice performance degradation. 

would I benefit from running a cable from the modem across to node 2 so each other node is equal distance away?

or is it possible or beneficial to hard wire node 1 to node 2?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Any benefit to adding wired node?
2020-12-16 22:05:19

@ncfitton 

Wiring the nodes together will help with speed and performance.

You can chain them together: modem > Deco 1 > Deco 2 > Deco 3 or have Deco 1 > Deco 2, and Deco 3 is not wired so it is connected to the best connection available via Wi-Fi.

Or you can wire them like a star topology: modem > Deco 1 > network switch -- Deco 2

\-- Deco 3

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 341

Replies: 1

Related Articles