AX6000 NAT Loopback / Local Loopback / Hairpinning

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-16 23:20:34

How do I get NAT Loopback to work on the AX6000? (this is when you can access your port-forwarded ("virtual") servers from within the network - contacting www.mynetwork123.com will get you to the computer set up as the web server, even from inside your local network)

With my previous Archer router, I had to disable "NAT Booster" and it all worked. Don't see this setting. Oddly, *some* ports are looping back - I can use IMAP ports to get my mail from my mail server, but port 25 not looping back. Port 21 also not looping back. Is there a bell&whistle I have to disable to get this to work properly?

Options
8 Reply
Re:AX6000 NAT Loopback / Local Loopback / Hairpinning
2020-12-17 20:00:22
I set up a Dynamic DNS (DDNS) for my security cameras and am able to use my laptops and iPads either in my local network or anywhere I can get internet. I use no-ip and dvrlists DDNS services.
Options
2020-12-17 20:32:01
I have a (proper) domain name, it uses the DNS provider's dynamic IP update software running on the server. Do you have the dynamic DNS updating from the router's built-in client? Or are you too using a computer-based dynamic dns update client?
Options
2020-12-17 20:57:50
My dynamic IP has been static (not changing) so I do neither. I did not like the router or PC doing it as it is extra traffic and had little or no control over it. If the IP was changing, I would have preferred having the router otherwise, I would need the PC up and awake all the time.
Options
2020-12-17 21:08:54

@ArcherC8 that is so strange. I am failing to get loopback - if I try doing FTP to my server using my domain name, it isn't being seen by the server. If I try sending mail using port 25, it fails. 

You're reaching your cameras via port mapping (NAT/Virtual Servers)? Like you reach them with www.mydomain.com:202? (where 202 is the port # you mapped to the appropriate camera)

Options
2020-12-17 21:27:09
First I set an address reservation for my security DVR's MAC to a specific IP, then assign that IP to the ports (four in my case), I did turn on UPnP. I did power cycle the DVR and router between each change. No port triggering or DMZ. I have NAT boost disabled. Side note, I like to power cycle the router after each change to ensure if I have a power outage, nothing new pops up and I found some changes require it. Also with each set of router changes and tings are working, I like to back up the router in case I need to get back to where I was before.
Options
2020-12-17 21:30:23

@ArcherC8 

Where is NAT Boost? Disabling that is what did the trick for me with my old AC1200 TP-Link Router! I can't find that setting in here.

Options
2020-12-17 21:53:40
I looked at the user guide for your router and did not see NAT boost. Did see NAT in system tools, system parameters. Not sure if that is the same.
Options
2020-12-18 23:12:46

Solved most of it - a misconfigured email client caused my public IP to get banned, and some of the other smart devices had individual issues that weren't the fault of the router. But, FTP port 21 still only works from outside! What's odd is that if I map another port (ie external port 2100 -> FTP server port 21) it works both internally and externally.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3106

Replies: 8

Related Articles