Loss of speed connected to new network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-18 00:25:47
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20200426 rel.69563

Just purchased new router. I like some features a lot. Set up Time Machine on new HDD thru USB drive and first back up is super slow but 400 gb on a new disc seems like it may take a while? True?

Second question? I seem to lose 100Mbps in speed between my cable modem and the AX router. I measure (Speedtest) 281 mbps down and 35 up at the modem (wireless) and 165 down and 30 up once I join my tp link network. Why?? Does it matter? Only surfing and apple Music... mostly..

Options
3 Reply
Re:Loss of speed connected to new network
2020-12-18 02:12:11
Time Machine will take a long time for that much data. You could have direct connected to the PC for the first time and it would be faster. If you are using WIFI for your computer, it will be even slower. If you are using the AX3000 in AP mode it will be slower. Be sure your firmware is up to date.
Options
2020-12-18 02:16:10

@ArcherC8 thx for reply! Any thoughts on the speed slow down?

Options
2020-12-18 02:31:01
Are you on the 5 GHz band on both tests? 5GHZ is faster and 2.4 will give you more distance. Distance will slow it down and router placement vs PC can make a difference. Also options on the different router can affect speed, things like firewalls, QoS, firmware level, channel selected, width selected,, .... For your use, that speed is more than enough, but I like to get all that I pay for from the ISP.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 291

Replies: 3

Related Articles