Latency Spikes with AX3000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-18 01:30:45
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

So I've had this modem for 2 days now.

Day one speeds and latency were fantastic, and the range was finally extended into our back bedroom which had previously been resigned to an absolute dead zone.

A day later, speeds are fine but we have latency spikes in the realm of 150ms to 300ms (using multiple ping testing methods) every 2-8 seconds

(spiking from an average of 48ms) whoch is casuing some issues with video calls and more importyto me gaming (lol)

We have RCN Gig internet and had perfectly fine latency with there included wifi/modem, but the range wasnt enough. I have tried configuring the modem to bridge mode with no differing results. I have spent hours in the advanced settings webpage but nothing ive tried has worked just yet and i dont want to muck around with anything i dont know enough about.

Has andyone had this issue and is there anything you can suggest i try? Thank you for reading all that.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Latency Spikes with AX3000
2020-12-18 21:53:43

@sleepyjoey 

I would change your wireless network name to something different and connect one device. Then start adding one at a time to see if the latency starts from one particular device.

Other things to test/try:

-Set the QoS speed manually to 1000 Mbps for up and down (Advanced > QoS, top of menu)
-Disable any device priority (Advanced > QoS > Device Priority)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1551

Replies: 1

Related Articles