games played on tablets

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

games played on tablets

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
games played on tablets
games played on tablets
2020-12-20 18:41:46
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My wife (Grandma) went to Best Buy to get a couple Fire tablets (Christmas present) so grandkids 

would quit burning up our phones with RoBlox!! Then she decided to get 4 MORE for our teenaged

grandkids that constantly play Fortnite/TikTok/etc (eldest grandson>BangBangDie!!) instead of on

cells and/or school Chromebooks.  Should these be assigned to 2Ghz?  5Ghz?  5Ghz-2 Gaming?

(all 6 "With Ads" but Amazon say they can remove them to "Without Ads" after purchase/$15@)

Options
3 Reply
Re:games played on tablets
2020-12-21 02:13:30
I would assign all to the 2.4 and if there are issues, then add the 5 GHz so both are available. I avoid paying monthly or annual fees for apps and only some one time if I Am sure I will use it for a long time.
Options
2020-12-21 17:01:56

TexasIndian wrote

Should these be assigned to 2Ghz?  5Ghz?  5Ghz-2 Gaming?

(all 6 "With Ads" but Amazon say they can remove them to "Without Ads" after purchase/$15@)

@TexasIndian 

It doesn't really matter. Although in SOME games, REAL TIME type, it could.

Many games you aren't really connected to the Internet to play them, however some are (like you mentioned). The "shoot 'em ups" usually need the quickest speeds (of the ISP download) and fast response times. Others, not so much.

Almost ALL could be on any SSID. The problem you could hit is 6 tablets vieing for Internet usage at the same time. Only way to know, try it and see who complains smiley

QoS by device could help you, but if you have 100Mbps Internet service, it might be more than enough.

My wife will play many game on her iPad. She'll buy the add-free deal for $4 or less occasionally. Not sure what requires $15 to remove ads, and it is usually done in the game, not Amazon?

I did find this though, https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/turn-off-ads-amazon-fire-tablets, but it isn't too clear? It seems you can save $15 by allowing ads NOT to appear. However it seems the info there will turn the ads off if you allowed them to be shown?

Options
2020-12-22 18:34:04
MY wife plays games on her phone, seldom laptop...HATES ads. So AFTER we bought all the Fire tablets for grandkids Christmas presents THEN learned Amazon sells them "Without Ads" (vs "Ad- Supported") we called Amazon to 'trade'/'exchange' them all!! Told "Without Ads not available until Mid January-late February". Uggghhhh, then they said "you can call us later, pay $15@ and we will make them ad-free very easily & quickly". But prefer free!?!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 311

Replies: 3

Related Articles