Archer A10 is Offline in Tether; Can't access locally either. Network is otherwise functional.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer A10 is Offline in Tether; Can't access locally either. Network is otherwise functional.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-27 23:36:46
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

In the last month or so I've lost the ability to configure my router in any manner. Tether shows the unit Offline, and all browsers show 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx took too long to respond.'

• Symptoms
    • I cannot access through the browsers of a local computer wirelessly. I have confirmed that the router address is correct and can ping it.
    • I cannot access through the browsers of a local computer with a hardwired connection directly to the router. I have confirmed that the router address is correct and can ping it.
    • I cannot access through the browser of my iPhone locally connected. I have confirmed that the router address is correct and can ping it.
    • I cannot access through Tether on my iPhone locally connected.
    • I cannot access through Tether on my iPhone while on cellular.

• Attempted solutions:
    • I have reset the router.
    • I have signed out of Tether and back in
    • I have redownloaded Tether.
    • I have forgotten the Wifi network from my iPhone and recredentialed it.
    • Since I've owned the unit (1 year+) I had Tether remote access limited to my iPhone's MAC address. I have confirmed that the iOS Private Address feature is disabled. All testing was done with this feature both enabled and disabled.

Recent changes:

• Updated Tether app
  • Updated A10 firmware.

My local network and internet are all otherwise completely functional. I am confused why local access, especially hardwired, would not be permitted. Any recommendations? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A10 is Offline in Tether; Can't access locally either. Network is otherwise functional.
2020-12-28 13:52:46

@mhollerb 

Some things I would try:

Power down the modem, router and the connected PC, power up the modem, wait for it to stabilize, then power up the router, wait for it to stabilize, then power up the PC.

Try connecting using  http://www.tplinklogin.net/, www.tplinkwifi.net (When connected via WIFI), and the IP address (192.168.x.x) as I have had one or another not work for me on my iMac.

Clear your browser history.

Try a different browser.

You say you reset the router. I assume you mean you power cycled or rebooted it. If that is the case, then you may want to do a factory reset.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 641

Replies: 1