Archer C5400X losing hardwired connections but not wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-10 04:24:53
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20191223 rel.73956

Had this router work flawless since last April when I got it.

Then, since new years eve I've had the hardwired connections drop internet while the wifi still works. Its done this a few times since new years.

Turning the router off and on corrects the issue.

I've never had a router do this before, lose wifi while hardwired still works yes, but not this way around. All hardwired connections drop.

Unit sits on a laptop cooling fan and isn't over heating. I wonder if its on its way out and I should get it replaced while under warranty.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C5400X losing hardwired connections but not wifi
2021-01-10 12:28:18

@MickeyG 

First try a good Cat 5e or Cat 6  Ethernet cable. Also look at the inside of the ethernet connectors and ensure there are no bent pins. Swap the Ethernet cables to a different port and power cycle to see if that changes things. If it is happening on one device, try a different device as it may be the device. If that does not fix it, then I would contact TP Link support.

Options
2021-01-10 12:40:08

@ArcherC8 

Yeah, I'd have tried that but it is all hardwired devices only, all at the same time.

I have 6 devices hardwired. Everyone of them all at the same time lose internet, while the wifi stays on. So even the ethernet in must be ok or wifi would go down.

Maybe I'll just contact support and see what they say.

Options
2021-01-10 14:15:42
One other thing to try is to disconnect all the hardwired devices and connect half of them and test. If bad disconnect them and connect the others for a test. If good, add back the others one at a time to see if one of the devices is causing an issue on the Ethernet bus.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 433

Replies: 3