Finally able to print on Brother Wifi Printer!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-24 17:45:14
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

I'm finally able to print over wifi on my Brother MFC-9340CDW printer!!!

I am so happy, I've spent hours and hours pouring over forums for a solution. Most of the links just show the hardwired print server function which I don't want. Several reviews on Amazon say they've taken the router back because although devices can connect to the internet they can't see each other. I was having the same issue.

I got this router to replace an older WNDR4000 a year ago which was having issues with the signal cutting in and out and the signal strength when all my neighbors started working at home. Immediately after hooking up my new TP-Link Archer AX6000 I was able to get full strength signals in the furthest parts of my large(not bragging just for reference) two story house. For additional reference I have 2 hard wired and 1 wireless computers in my office and they are all right next to each other (as is the router) with an additional 5 wifi devices in the house. All tv is through the internet Roku. I also noticed the 5GHZ was strong throughout as well. Big difference from the 10 feet or so 5g range of my netgear router, LOL.

Anyway, my issues with signal strength and intermittent signal dropping have been fixed since I got the router. However, ever since hooking it up we haven't been able to print on our wireless printer. I also noticed that while devices could access the internet they couldn't see each other. The printer was shown as not found or offline for example. So we had to print directly from the printer by accessing our Google drive, or hook up the laptop directly to the printer for scanning. I was a huge pain but we put up with it because of the improved performance. All the while when I have time I've been looking for a solution. As a test I even tried hooking back up my old router and the printer worked fine so I knew it was the new router.

Anyway today I tried to give it another shot and instead of looking for answers on forums I decided to go into the advanced settings and start turning things on and off. After a couple of hours of this I finally found the setting that was creating the issue!

In the Advanced > IPTV section there is a checkbox for "Wireless Multicast Forwarding". That was the only thing checked in this section and after unchecking it, it went through a progress bar and then the printer started working again!

Can anyone explain to me why this setting would stop every device from talking to each other?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Finally able to print on Brother Wifi Printer!!!
2021-01-25 12:57:15
Only a guess on my part, I would suspect that the printer does not handle the multicast signal as others have the issue with the same printer and I would assume different routers. BTY, nice find as I am sure it may help others.
Options
2021-01-26 16:10:29

@gypsyjoe11 

This is exactly the problem I am having since installing my AX6000 over the weekend.

How / where do I find the "Advanced > IPTV section?

In the Advanced > IPTV section there is a checkbox for "Wireless Multicast Forwarding". That was the only thing checked in this section and after unchecking it, it went through a progress bar and then the printer started working again!

Options
2021-01-26 17:46:29
Hooray! I found the setting, changed it per your instruction and now both my printers are recognized and printing from all computers...Thanks so much!
Options